MenuAgriculture Nature Animal welfare Support to the state Support to civil society Role of CSOs Advocacy Research CSO Grant & training Contact
GRANT I TRAINING - ACTIVE AGRO-PUBLIC
DELFIN Eco Center, Montenegro
Olive society "BOKA" and Association of private owners of forests and farmers Herceg Novi
The aim of the“Active Agro Public“ Project was to contribute to the establishment of sustainable management of green waste from agricultural production in the region of the Boka Kotorska Bay through active participation of civil society in decision-making processes, implementation of policies and regulations at the local level and the promotion of sustainable agricultural production.
1.Improved local waste management plans with measures for sustainable management of green waste from agricultural production
- Analysis of the success of the established composting systemconductedand findings used in advocacy process to amend local waste management plans.
- Local waste management plans in Kotor, Tivat and Herceg Novi were amended to include sustainable management of green waste from agricultural production (composting) as a result of project advocacy efforts;
- Municipality Decision on support of work programs of agricultural producers in the Municipalities of Tivat and Kotor was amended to include support measures for improving sustainable management of green waste from agricultural production (composting);
- Memorandum of cooperation was signed by representatives of municipalities of Kotor, Tivat and Herceg Novi, Eco CenterDOLPHINand project partnerswith a commitment to improve management of green waste from agricultural production and educate farmers on sustainable agriculture.
2. Strengthened capacities of farmers in Boka Kotorska Bay for composting
- Trainings for farmers onmanagement of green waste from agricultural production (composting);
- 45 farmers that passed the trainings have committed to establish a composting system on their farms. They received composters and had monitoring and advisory support of Eco CenterDOLPHIN to help them. All beneficiaries have successfully established a composting system on their farms and majority have produced compost during the project.
- Brochures onsustainable management of green waste from agricultural production (composting) and good agricultural practice, as well as the Guidelines “Calendar of agricultural works” were created with a purpose of helping farmers to establish a composting system on their farms.
The project was implemented by the organisation "Eco CenterDOLPHIN", with the support of partners and associates. The project was funded by the European Union within the regional project "Sustainable agriculture for sustainable Balkans: Strengthening advocacy capacities of CSOs and developing policies in the Western Balkans" implemented by the regional consortium of CSOs: IEP (Albania), FLOROZON (The Republic of North Macedonia) AKTIV (Kosovo *), CZIP (Montenegro), led by ORCA (Serbia).
Download the poster presentation of the project.
For more information, visit the web page of "Eco CenterDOLPHIN".
*This name is without prejudice to status and in line with United Nations Security Council Resolution 1244 and the opinion of the International Court of Justice on the declaration of Kosovo's independence
See our successful stories!
INCENTIVE MEASURES IN AGRICULTURE
"Resurs Centar" Citizens' Association from Majdanpek, Serbia
Health and welfare of small ruminants
"Royal Albania Foundation"Association,Albania
Project Coordinator, Association of Farmers, Serbia
Association "Center for the Study, Use and Management of Natural Resources QSK NATYRA", Albania
RENEWAL OF TRADITIONAL LANDSCAPE
Organization "EXPEDITIO Center for Sustainable Spatial Development", Montenegro
CONSUMERS IN THE HEART OF AGRICULTURE
"Consumers' Organization of Macedonia", The Republic of North Macedonia
FROM THE FIELD TO THE TABLE
Association for Protection, Promotion and Education on Food "Slow Food Bitola", The Republic of North Macedonia
Agro-Ecological and Economic Management Center (AEEMC) Association