MenuAgriculture Nature Animal welfare Support to the state Support to civil society Role of CSOs Advocacy Research CSO Grant & training Contact
GRANT & TRAINING - INCENTIVE MEASURES IN AGRICULTURE
"Resource Centre" from Majdanpek, Serbia
Timok club, association of agricultural producers "Leskovo", association of forests owners of the municipality of Majdanpek
Citizens’ Association "Resource Centre" from Majdanpek and its partners implemented the project entitled "A.S.A.P. - Advocating Sustainable Agricultural Policies in local governments’ funding programs in Serbia". The project encompasses the territory of 10 municipalities in Timočka Krajina and Braničevo, and its goal was to define priorities and measures to be financed in the coming year, based on consultations with users of incentives for agriculture and rural development from the municipal budget.
1. Better local support measures in agriculturetailored to farmers’ needs
- Comprehensive Report on effectiveness of existing programs and support measures in agriculturein 10 target municipalities was created to identify main problems with regards to existing support measuresand serve as basis of advocating better support measures tailored to farmers’ needs.
- Round table was organised to improve the report on effectiveness of existing programs and support measures in agriculture through consultation with representatives of 10 municipalities, farmers and agricultural experts.
- Recommendation paperspecifying measures that contribute to improvement of effectiveness of local supporting schemes was developed based on research and conclusions from the round table. The recommendation paper was sent to the local and national authorities.
- Three municipalities - Majdanpek, Sokobanja and Kučevohave changed their local agricultural policies by increasing budget for agricultural subsidies, introducing new support measurestailored to farmers’ needs, and focusing on agricultural cooperatives, based on Recommendations created and advocated during the project.
2. New mechanism for developing sustainable policies in agriculture that include beneficiaries – Local Action Group (LAG)
- One Local Action Group was registered in Majdanpek (LAG Via Danubius) with help from Resource Centre,for the territory covering three municipalities: Majdanpek, Kladovo and Negotin with current 22 members including farmers, stock breeders and citizen associations.
This project was implemented by the organisation “Resource Centre Majdanpek” from Serbia, with support from partners and associates. The project was funded by the European Union within the regional project "Sustainable Agriculture for Sustainable Balkans: Strengthening advocacy capacities of CSOs and developing policies in the Western Balkans" implemented by the regional consortium of CSOs: IEP (Albania), FLOROZON (the Republic of North Macedonia) , AKTIV (Kosovo*), CZIP (Montenegro), led by ORCA (Serbia).
Download the poster presentation of the project.
For more information, visit the web page of "Resource Centre" from Majdanpek
*This name is without prejudice to status and in line with United Nations Security Council Resolution 1244 and the opinion of the International Court of Justice on the declaration of Kosovo's independence
See our successful stories!
Health and welfare of small ruminants
"Royal Albania Foundation"Association,Albania
Project Coordinator, Association of Farmers, Serbia
Association "Center for the Study, Use and Management of Natural Resources QSK NATYRA", Albania
DELFIN Eco Center, Montenegro
RENEWAL OF TRADITIONAL LANDSCAPE
Organization "EXPEDITIO Center for Sustainable Spatial Development", Montenegro
CONSUMERS IN THE HEART OF AGRICULTURE
"Consumers' Organization of Macedonia", The Republic of North Macedonia
FROM THE FIELD TO THE TABLE
Association for Protection, Promotion and Education on Food "Slow Food Bitola", The Republic of North Macedonia
Agro-Ecological and Economic Management Center (AEEMC) Association