MenuAgriculture Nature Animal welfare Support to the state Support to civil society Role of CSOs Advocacy Research CSO Grant & training Contact
GRANT I TRAINING - CONSOLIDATION IN SERVICE OF SUSTAINABLE AGRICULTURE
Association "Center for the Study, Use and Management of Natural Resources QSK NATYRA", Albania
National Federation of Communal Forests and Pastures of Albania (NFCFPA), Albanian Agribusiness Council (AAC)
"The consolidation of agricultural land as an instrument for sustainable development of agriculture" was a project implemented by QSK NATYRA association from Albania with its partners, aimed at achieving the preconditions for a constructive knowledge-based dialogue, between decision-makers at the national level and civil society organizations on the topic of the consolidation of agricultural land in Albania. The project had developed a model of land consolidation on the example of Fier municipality in Albania.
1. A model of land consolidation created on the basis of an example of Fier municipality in Albania
- The research-based programme of agricultural land consolidation of Fier Municipality was adopted by Fier Municipal Councilandvoted unanimously by stakeholders at the National conference on land consolidation organised by Natyra. Today, it is an active document and a model to be used by Ministry of agriculture and rural development in other municipalities in Albania.
- The programme was developed with active participation of all stakeholders (municipal authorities, representatives of administrative units, regional directorates, agricultural producers and land consolidation experts). Over 500 people participated in discussions about the draft Programme.
- Successful model of agricultural cooperative in Xara administrative unit was identified and presented to the members of Parliament as one of the possible measures to solve land fragmentation problems and was included in the Programme of agricultural land consolidation of Fier Municipality.
2. A dialogue was opened on land consolidation in Albania at a national level
- Policy paper with recommendations for improvement of the National strategy of land consolidation was created during the project and presented to relevant institutions at meetings
- A Proposal for improvement of the National strategy of land consolidation and draft Law on land consolidation and proposal for establishing institutional mechanism for implementation of support measures to farmers, were adopted by the Parliamentary commission on Production activities and Environment.
- The programme of agricultural land consolidation of Fier Municipality and policy paper with recommendations on improvement of the National strategy of land consolidation werevoted unanimously by stakeholders at the National conference on land consolidation organised by Natyra. The documents were then sent to the Assembly of Albania, to the Prime Minister and to the relevant Ministries.
The project was implemented by "QSK NATYRA", with the support of partners and associates. The project was funded by the European Union within the regional project "Sustainable agriculture for sustainable Balkans: Strengthening advocacy capacities of CSOs and developing policies in the Western Balkans" implemented by the regional consortium of CSOs: IEP (Albania), FLOROZON (The Republic of North Macedonia) AKTIV (Kosovo*), CZIP (Montenegro), led by ORCA (Serbia).
Download the poster presentation of the project.
*This name is without prejudice to status and in line with United Nations Security Council Resolution 1244 and the opinion of the International Court of Justice on the declaration of Kosovo's independence
See our successful stories!
INCENTIVE MEASURES IN AGRICULTURE
"Resurs Centar" Citizens' Association from Majdanpek, Serbia
Health and welfare of small ruminants
"Royal Albania Foundation"Association,Albania
Project Coordinator, Association of Farmers, Serbia
DELFIN Eco Center, Montenegro
RENEWAL OF TRADITIONAL LANDSCAPE
Organization "EXPEDITIO Center for Sustainable Spatial Development", Montenegro
CONSUMERS IN THE HEART OF AGRICULTURE
"Consumers' Organization of Macedonia", The Republic of North Macedonia
FROM THE FIELD TO THE TABLE
Association for Protection, Promotion and Education on Food "Slow Food Bitola", The Republic of North Macedonia
Agro-Ecological and Economic Management Center (AEEMC) Association