MenuAgriculture Nature Animal welfare Support to the state Support to civil society Role of CSOs Advocacy Research CSO Grant & training Contact
GRANT I TRAINING - RECONSTRUCTION OF TRADITIONAL AGRICULTURAL LANDSCAPE
Organization "EXPEDITIO Center for Sustainable Spatial Development", Montenegro
Cultural Homeland Association "NAPREDAK" Gornja Lastva and Olive association "Boka" - Boka Kotorska.
The project "Regeneration of traditional agriculture landscape for sustainable agriculture – AGRISCAPE&ME"was aimed at contributing to the development of sustainable agriculture through advocacy for the restoration, preservation, and improvement of traditional agricultural landscapes as part of the overall cultural landscape in Montenegro.
The aim of the project was to contribute to the development of sustainable agriculture through regeneration, conservation and enhancement of traditional agricultural landscape in Montenegro. Traditional agricultural landscapes have been created throughout history through various agricultural activities of people in a given area. These landscapes contributed to the creation of local cultures and identities and because of that they represent the important part of cultural landscape and part of cultural heritage.
1. A model of protection of traditional agricultural landscape based on example of village Gornja Lastva in Tivat municipality
- A proposal for reviving the village and landscape of Gornja Lastva and using its potentials for sustainable agriculture have been created based on research conducted during the project. The proposal had included specific recommendations for regeneration of traditional agricultural landscape in Gornja Lastva.
- A model for identification and analysis of traditional agricultural landscape have been developed in a participatory manner and based on research and the example in Gornja Lastva as a starting point in the process of regeneration of rural and agricultural area. This model can be used in other agricultural areas.
- Raised awareness among citizens and stakeholders about traditional agricultural landscape as an important layer of cultural landscape, and about the importance of its regeneration for sustainable agriculture.
2. Improved legal and institutional framework for protection, planning and management of traditional agricultural landscape in Montenegro
- - Created recommendations for improving the framework for the protection, planning and rehabilitation of traditional agricultural landscapes in Montenegro. The recommendations were based on research and aimed at supporting decision-makers in defining and implementing comprehensive policy of conservation of traditional agricultural landscapes in Montenegro
- - A platform of key actors in the fields of agriculture, cultural heritage, landscape and planning in Montenegro was established to advocate recommendations for the improvement of traditional agricultural landscape in Montenegro.
- - Roundtable “Agricultural landscapes – value, current condition and challenges” was organised in the village of Gornja Lastva. It strengthened the cooperation of key actors of the Platform for the improvement of traditional agricultural landscape in Montenegro. The roundtable opened a dialogue about cultural landscape as part of cultural heritage and the need for its conservation and regeneration and it has influenced awareness of key actors and citizens on traditional agricultural landscape considerably.
The project was implemented by the organisation "EXPEDITIO Center for Sustainable Spatial Development”, with the support of partners and associates. The project wasfunded by the European Union within the regional project "Sustainable agriculture for sustainable Balkans: Strengthening advocacy capacities of CSOs and developing policies in the Western Balkans" implemented by the regional consortium of CSOs: IEP (Albania), FLOROZON (The Republic of North Macedonia) AKTIV (Kosovo *), CZIP (Montenegro), led by ORCA (Serbia).
Download the poster presentation of the project.
For more information, visit the web page of "EXPEDITIO"
*This name is without prejudice to status and in line with United Nations Security Council Resolution 1244 and the opinion of the International Court of Justice on the declaration of Kosovo's independence
See our successful stories!
INCENTIVE MEASURES IN AGRICULTURE
"Resurs Centar" Citizens' Association from Majdanpek, Serbia
Health and welfare of small ruminants
"Royal Albania Foundation"Association,Albania
Project Coordinator, Association of Farmers, Serbia
Association "Center for the Study, Use and Management of Natural Resources QSK NATYRA", Albania
DELFIN Eco Center, Montenegro
CONSUMERS IN THE HEART OF AGRICULTURE
"Consumers' Organization of Macedonia", The Republic of North Macedonia
FROM THE FIELD TO THE TABLE
Association for Protection, Promotion and Education on Food "Slow Food Bitola", The Republic of North Macedonia
Agro-Ecological and Economic Management Center (AEEMC) Association